Most people think that in order to live a rich lifestyle, you must become a multi millionaire. However if you think about it, what is really the definition of rich? Is it to fly around the world in a private jet and not working for anyone? Or is it simply just having the time and money to do what you truly want to do?
A person who has financial independence is rich. This person doesn’t need to work for another person to pay the bills. He/she has enough passive income to cover his/her expenses. Now to speed up the process, you could figure out how to live on less making it a lot easier for you to achieve financial independence. However, if your expenses are super high every month, you need to work harder in finding enough assets that pay for all your expenses.
Below are some great quotes on achieving financial independence. Enjoy.
1. Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe “Life happens to me.”
2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Rich people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.”
― T. Harv Eker, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
“Nothing has meaning except for the meaning you give it.”
― T. Harv Eker
“Rich people have small TVs, small cars, but big libraries.”
― Manoj Arora
“I live, eat, spend, travel, support a family, entertain…..but I do not go to work. There is something wrong. My nest egg just keeps growing.”
― Manoj Arora
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” -Dale Carnegie
“I love making money, but you can’t live your life waiting to get rich in a job that no longer feeds you artistically.” -Julianna Margulies
“The real key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them.”
“Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” -Steve Jobs
“Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.”
“Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
“That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.”
Henry David Thoreau
“If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.”
“When a fellow says it ain’t the money but the principle of the thing, it’s the money.”
“If you want to know what a man is really like, take notice of how he acts when he loses money.”
“A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.”
Never work just for money or for power. They won’t save your soul or help you sleep at night.